Short Description: This NRA course focuses on proactive courses of action, rather than reactive. Criminals prefer easy targets. By making yourself more difficult to prey upon, you lessen your risk of criminal attack. That means having a personal safety strategy in place before you need it.
More Details: This course covers topics that pertain to both men and women. The information covered is appropriate for young adults, women, the disabled, parents, senior citizens etc. In addition, the program materials also include special teaching modules for parents which discusses tips for children ages preschool to college, the handicapped and more. Women-only seminars are also available.
- The Psychology of the Criminal Mind
- Know what criminals look for in a victim
- Creating a Safe Room & Home Protection Plan
- Situational Awareness and Avoidance Techniques
- Internet and Cyber Safety
- Home & Phone Security
- Carjack Avoidance Techniques
- Automobile & Travel Security
- Personal & Technological Security
- Use of various Personal Safety Devices (Tasers, Stun guns, Batons, Pepper Spray)
- Self-Defense Tools and more!
- Home Invasions and Burglary
- Interacting with the Police
- What to do if you do become a Victim
- How to stop Sliders in their tracks
- Criminal use of Bump Keys and Prevention
- Security Window Film
- The 6 second garage door break-in and how to prevent it.
- Malls & Parking Garages safety concerns
- Layers of Defense and making your home a hard target.
- Mental Preparedness & Controlling Fear
- Lighting, Alarms, Dead Bolts, Windows and more
- Rape Statistics and Prevention
- Banking & ATM Scams
- Cyber fraud & Electronic Theft
- Cyber-stalking & Cyber-bullying
- Workplace & Personal Security
- Local Crime Statistics and much more
Athena’s Armory Notes: